Junior Achievement of Southwest Michigan is seeking qualified candidates for the position of President.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Directs a Junior Achievement franchised area as chief executive officer within policies established by the local Board of Directors. Responsible for all planning, finance, fund raising, program, public relations, staff development, and administrative operations.
- Assures the financial stability of the Junior Achievement operation to support operational and strategic plans and sustainability of the organization including the development and implementation of effective fund raising campaigns and other innovative approaches to raising funds, accurate and timely financial reporting, analysis of financial information; development of a budget and management of financial resources to meet all organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements strategic plans that assure the stability and growth of JA in the Area within the context of the internal and external market forces and regulations.
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop policy and assure proper governance of the organization.
- Works with the Chairman of the Board of Directors to recruit, orient, and encourage engagement of Board members; manage effective regular meetings with the Board including the development of the agenda and any reports and materials.
- Accurately projects staffing requirements; recruits, hires and trains associates; manages staff performance to assure achievement of all goals and objectives.
- Manages implementation of all programs and ensures programs are executed within acceptable standards to assure growth in student impact.
- Prepares, gains Board approval and implements a public awareness plan and acts as a representative with governmental, political, community, civic and industry groups.
- Assures that Junior Achievement of Southwest Michigan operates in compliance with all requirements of the Junior Achievement Operating Agreement and additional requirements established by the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four years experience in related field with successful track record
- Excellent management, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the free enterprise system
- Willingness to undergo criminal and credit background check
- At least three years of experience in establishing and managing fundraising efforts with demonstrated success.
· Management experience in education or nonprofit organization
· Demonstrated expertise in sales/marketing or fund raising
· Experience working with a Board of Directors
· CFRE certification
Interested candidates should email their resume to Aric Faber, JA Board Chair, at email@example.com no later than September 4, 2012. No phone calls.
Copyright © Junior Achievement® 2011